Orange & Cocoa Nib Madeleine Recipe
1/3 cup sugar
2cm piece vanilla bean scraped
Zest of an orange
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g butter, melted
3 tbsp cocoa nibs
1. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Then butter & flour the Madeleine tin and place it into the fridge to chill (this assists in preventing the mixture to stick).
3. Pour the sugar into a bowl and rub in the vanilla bean and orange zest with your fingers, allowing the sugar to become fragrant. Once completed add eggs and beat until pale, being mindful not to under or overdo it, as this will affect the rise of the Madeleines (and can cause them to sink or become dense).
4. Sift over flour & baking powder and whisk to combine it into the mixture. Then pour in the melted cooled butter and stir to combine. Finally, add in the cocoa nibs and stir gently.
5. Place a tablespoon of mixture into each Madeline mould to fill to its edge - repeating for each mould.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until risen with a little colour. Once ready, take them out of the oven and once slightly cooled remove them from their tin, and place on cooling rack.